Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa's Toy Shop In Progress.....December 7-12, 2010

This year Sam and I decided to make Hadlie an American Girl doll bunk bed for Christmas. Sam made the bunk bed to match the bed he made for Hadlie. Then, I made the bedding for the bunk bed. Our friends, Carrie and Chon, made a bed for their daughter also. So, Chon and Sam built the beds together and Carrie and I sewed the bedding together.

I think Carrie and I were OVERLY EXCITED about this project. It turned out SO SO SO CUTE! We were both very proud of ourselves. The beds turned out better than expected.

I actually would LOVE to start selling them. They were a lot of fun to make. Of course, the first time you make something always takes the longest but they are DARLING, if I do say so myself.

Sam putting the bed together...

Carrie and I sewing.
We got everything we need: machines, sizzors, thread, material, stuffing, and of course, DIET COKE! :)



Ta Da! The Final Result....
(Isn't it so cute?)


No comments: