Monday, August 8, 2011

I got the BooT!.....July 29,2011

I got the Boot! No pun intended....

My little Brother, Mike, said it best: "Sorry you're grounded from running, Jen." I am grounded from running. I got the boot on and I got the boot out of my races. (I guess there are many puns intended.)

My ankle had been hurting. I KNEW I had a stress fracture. I put it off for a couple of weeks, not wanting to accept the truth. Then finally, after the pain I was in, I decided to go ahead and head to the doctor. After a Xray and a MRI, I have MULTIPLE stress fractures in my foot and ankle. I was grounded from running and put in a boot.

The only thing I have to say about it is this: IT STINKS! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! Me and my running buddy were on the top of our game and in the middle of our training for three more races and I am officially out. So sad for me :( and her too :(. The irony of it all is: my running buddy, Meghan, has had these same fractures when we've trained in years past. I always tell her to take her calcium so she doesn't get another and look who didn't take her own advise? Me! I guess it's my turn to be hurt.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

OMG I am so sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it heals FAST!!! I totally understand your pain about the running thing. It has been a year since my surgery and I am still going crazy that I can't get back to the running. Hope your better soon.