Sunday, February 10, 2013

Surprise!!!......December 13-14, 2011

Mike Graduated with his second Master's Degree.  My dad had planned to fly out to his graduation and then he and Mike were going to drive back to North Carolina to find Mike and his family a place to live.  North Carolina is Mike's next tour in the Navy.  I thought it would be fun to fly out and surprise Mike and Jamie and go to Mike's graduation then help Jamie drive back to Utah, since she would be driving alone.  

My dad and I planned our flights to arrive in California around the same time.  My flight got in an hour before Dad's so I hung out in the airport and waited at his gate till he landed.  Upon his landing, we said our long over due hello's and headed outside.  I hid with my luggage behind a post, while dad waited curbside for Mike.  Mike came, dad took his luggage to the car and I snuck up behind Mike and shouted "SURPRISE".  Then, I surprised Jamie when we got to their home in Monterey.  It was fun!!!

Next morning, we got up and headed out to Mike's graduation on base in Monterey.  Mike just had bone spurs taken off his heals so he was still in a boot and using a cane for graduation.  Poor guy!  The graduation was really nice. We were able to meet a lot of his colleges, have punch a cookies, and tour his school on the Navel base.

 After, we headed back to their home, packed up the cars, cleaned their house, said our goodbye's, and headed out.  Mike and Dad started their three day journey to North Carolina. Jamie, the kids, and I headed home to Utah for Christmas.

Mike would fly back Utah after he and Dad found a home and Dad would fly home to Texas.

Needless to say, it was a whirl wind of just 24 hours but it was a great 24 hours to see my brother advance in his education and career and to see my dad.  I sure miss my family.  It is so hard to have them away!  I am grateful I was able to go.  I sure have a great husband to let me do the things that are important to me.  I am lucky!  He is always supportive.

Monterey, California.

 Naval Postgraduate School, Herrmann Hall.

 Mike getting sat before graduation.

Mike receiving his diploma.

 Grandpa and Baxter....so cute!

 Baxter boy and aunt Jen.

 Owen Family.

Dad, me, Mike, Jamie, Aizlynn, Trae, and Baxter.

 Mike and Jamie.  (I love this picture of them....)

 CONGRATS Mike!!!!

No comments: