Sunday, April 10, 2011

The BIG EiGhT!!!!.....April 10 2011

Happy Birthday, It's Your BiRtHdAy DaXtOn!
Isn't it GReAt to be EiGHt?

Dear Daxton,

It's hard to believe that you are eight years old today. This is a very exciting birthday for you. A mile stone in your life. It's the first big step you get to take in making covenants with your Heavenly Father. Dad and I are so proud that you have chosen to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We can't wait see you enter into the waters of baptism. It will be a GReAt and SpECiaL DaY!

You are such a good boy. Dad and I love to watch you grow and progress everyday. You are very special. You have a strong spirit and a very strong instinct to do what is right. (I think you are a lot like your dad in that way.) You have a sensitive, tender heart. You are a thinker and creator. You love to do things at your pace just so you can get them just right. You are a wonderful big brother to Tage. You two have a great friendship. I hope you treasure it always. You are a blessing to our family and we love you so much!

Last night I was talking to Grandma Owen on the phone and we were reminiscing about the day you were born. You were my hardest delivery. My epidural didn't work and you were born posterior. Even though you were an average size baby, you were big for me to deliver. My labor and delivery with you was very painful. In fact, so much so that after you were born I felt like I wanted to die because I wasn't sure if I could handle the pain anymore. The nurse asked me what I needed. I told her, "Please just let me die." She then said, "You want to die just after you had this sweet boy?" At the time, I thought I did but looking back on it now, I am so very glad I didn't and I am ashamed I even contemplated it. It was my hardest delivery but you are one of my greatest joys in life.

I love being your mother. We have a special bond. You make me so happy. I know Heavenly Father has big plans for you here on earth. I can't wait to see the amazing things you will accomplish both spiritually and physically.

Here's to another year. Dad and I hope you have a very Happy, happy Birthday! Keep up all the good work you are doing. You are wonderful and keep SMiLiNG! :)

Love,

Mom
Daxton opening his presents....
Daxton's Birthday Party with his friends on the 12th. They went to the bounce houses at Classic Skating. They had a bouncin' good time!
(Alex, Tyler, Andy, Garrett, Hadlie, Dax, and Tage)
Hadlie was flippin' for joy!

3 comments:

Brandtsonandrach said...

Wow dax eight is great... Happy birthday to you.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Happy Birthday Daxton! What a cute post Jen!! You have such a cute, amazing family!! :)

April Annie said...

Happy Birthday to Daxton!! I hope that it's great to be eight all year long.
What a handsome kid!