Saturday, October 9, 2010

Layton Half Marathon.....October 9, 2010

Well we DID IT again! 13.1 baby! My brother, Dave, his wife, Meagan, Tyson, Dave's friend, and I all ran another half marathon. None of us trained for it that well this year!

I actually was proud of myself and how well I felt during the race due to of my lack of training this season. I was supposed to be training on a three month schedule for this half and lets just say I ran 12 days TOTAL during the 3 month training period. I came in at 2hrs. 9 min's. and I felt pretty good the whole race. It wasn't my best time I've ever done but considering my training, well I did GREAT, if I do say so myself.

Me coming across the finish line.
Hadlie wants to start training with me next year for a race. I think I may let her, but start her with smaller races first. We'll see!
Dave coming across the line.
Meagan cheering as she crosses.
This is Meagan's first half. GOOD JOB Meagan.
We are proud of you. You did it!
Meagan and Dave.
Tyson, Dave's friend, Dave, and Meagan.

I'd have to say this race was fun but I was really disappointed that they DID NOT provide ANY supplements during and after the race except water and Gatorade. They did provide fruit after the race, but that is not great recovery food. That part sucked!

No comments: