Friday, October 1, 2010

HoNeY.......September 28, 2010

There are moments in life that I want to cherish and things my kids say that I want to remember. It's these days, days of children, that will vanish someday and all I will have left are my cherished memories.

I have to admit my kids can cause me to feel mad sometimes. However, there are times when they say the cutest things that make me smile and make me feel glad to be their mom.

Tonight Sam was vacuuming the floors and I was cleaning the rest of the house. I was upstairs cleaning and I needed Sam for something. I could not find him anywhere. I called out to him, "Sam". No, Sam. Then I walked down the stairs into our kitchen, still could not find him. Then I proceeded down the next flight of stairs, "Sam", I called. The kids were in the family room playing the wii, still no Sam. I started down the next set of stairs into the basement, "HONEY?" I called out. "Honey, where are you?" No Sam there either. I then began my accent back up the stairs; Tage walked to the top of the stairs, he looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, "Honey is outside in the garage, mom."

I smiled, laughed, and said, "Thanks Tage." How cute I thought, "Honey is outside in the garage." (He was right, Honey was outside in the garage emptying the vacuum bag.)

That made me smile for the rest of the night and into the next day. I hope I can remember the sweet things that my kids say while they are still little, tomorrow will come and I want to have a mind full of sweet memories to cherish.


No comments: