Monday, October 4, 2010

ThE RaIN ......October 4, 2010

I love the RaIN. I love everything about it: the smell, the sound, the look, and the way it cleans everything. It has a very calming effect on me. It makes me feel at peace. When it rains, I love nothing more then to open all my windows, lay in my bed, snuggle under my blankets and enjoy the beauty that sings from the Rain.

I know most people would disagree with me and the rain, but I love it. I love it for another reason too. When I was on my mission, in Ecuador, it rained a lot during the rainy season. When I first got to Ecuador, it was the rainy season and I experienced El Nino. The rains would FLOOD and I mean, FLOOD the streets everyday. We would walk in water up to our knees, literally, drenched like wet dogs, all day long. I loved to wade through it even though I was in a dress and sopping wet. In fact, para aguas, or umbrellas, were useless. At nights when me and my companion would get back to our apartment, I would prepare for bed, and then I would lay in my bed and listen to it cleanse. It was very peaceful.

Today, I was sitting in my living room, watching and listening to it RaIN. It came down just like it did when I was on my mission. It poured down, taping on my windows and striking the pavement and grass outside. The water began to collect in the gutters and the streets began to fill with a sense of Ecuadorian peace. It caused me to reflect for a moment on the many reasons why I LOVE ThE RaIN!





No comments: