Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ogden Half Marathon.......May 21, 2011

This was me and my friend, Meghan's, fourth year to run the Ogden Half Marathon. It's crazy to think we have been running together that long. We train every year for this race together. We've trained for others as well. However, we've had injuries, or surgeries that have stopped us from running at times in our other races, but we always seem to pull the Ogden off together.

This year I have to say was our greatest accomplishment yet. We did awesome! We ran an overall average of a 8:18 minute pace. We ran our 13.1 mile race in 1 hour and 49 Min's. We ran our goal and it felt so great to run across the finish line completing it. We figured we were both within the top 10% of our age categories, I think Meghan was more in the top 5 to 10% of her age group. (Yes, Meghan is 10 years younger than me; she's a speedy and keeps me on my toes.)

I am really grateful for Meghan. She and I always help each other to do better. It's never a competition, just two friends helping each other along to become stronger and better. She has defiantly helped me become a stronger runner this year by far.

My last three miles were very difficult. I was DEHYDRATED and sick from it. When I saw the finish line I said to Meghan, "I think I am going to throw up." She said, "Just keep running and don't look up. Look at the ground." That was good advise for me. I just focused down and ran along the side of her. Thank goodness for her support because I wasn't sure I could make it that last 500 feet.

Anyhow, it was a great day! Thank you Meghan. I love training with you and I appreciate your friendship. Here's to many more years of Ogden Halves. Maybe we'll shoot for the full one of the upcoming years. Hopefully, both of us can go injury free to pull a full marathon off together in the future. Note to both of us: TAKE CALCIUM! ;0

This is a CUTE run kit that our friend Carrie gave to us girlies running the race. She gave one to me, Meghan, and Stacie. It was SO darling. It made my day. Thanks Carrie for all your love and support. You are AWESOME!
Meghan and Me!
WE ROCKED IT MEGHAN! GOOD JOB!

Also, Thank You Mom, Dad, Dave, and Meagan for coming up and bringing my kiddos to the race. Your support meant a lot to me. I don't know what I'd do without you. What am I going to do without you here is the next question? :)

2 comments:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Way to go Jen & Meghan! You rocked it!! Congrats!! That is awesome!! Those run kits Carrie put together are so cute too! It's been fun catching up on your blog. :)

Meghan said...

Way to go US!! I am so proud of how hard we trained and totally shaved off some time from our previous PR!! 1:49:42!! Maybe next year we should just try to win it!haha! Well I love training with you too and I am so glad I have you to meet me at the corner or there would be lots of mornings that I probably wouldn't make it out of bed!!