Sunday, May 29, 2011

Preschool Graduation......May 21, 2011

After my race, we all raced home to get ready for Tage's Preschool Graduation Program. He had his graduation at Roy Elementary. My Dad, Mom, Brother Dave, and his wife, Meagan, all came to his graduation as well. It was fun driving with my dad to the program because he shared his childhood growing up in Roy with us. He showed us where he grew up and where my great grandma lived. He even went to Roy Elementary. However, his school no longer exists. They rebuilt the Roy Elementary, where Tage had his graduation.

Tage's program was darling. We were so proud of him. He got up with another kid and sang the ABC's frontwards and backwards. Then he exited the stage in a little bus. He waved proudly out the window. He did great. He sang all the songs and had a wonderful time. It was fun to watch him perform with the other children.

Tage,
We are so very proud of you. You are getting so big and growing so fast. Dad and I can hardly believe that you will start Kindergarten next year. We hope you continue to love to learn and you enjoy your educational experience. We love you so much. You always make us laugh and smile. You're so very sweet and we hope you continue to be a good boy! Keep learning and enjoying life.

Mom and Dad

Tage during his performance.
(This picture cracked me and Sam up.)
Ironically enough, my best friend, from when I was Tage's age, daughter is in Tage's class. We had a fun reunion after their program because my parents or Cory's parents haven't seen each other in years. It was fun to reminisce with the Haviland's for a bit. Cory and I were in the same class together all through elementary. I think the only grade we didn't have the same teacher was fourth grade. We were two peas in a pod, her and I . We both got the "Hope of America" award in sixth grade. We laugh about that all the time.
This is us: Me, Elaine, Lorianne, and Cory
Curt, Dennis, and Paizlie.
Who knew two best friends from elementary would be standing together with their preschoolers 30 years later?
(That just made me sound old! ahhhh!)
Jeremy, Cory, and their cute family.
Sam, me, and our cute family.

No comments: