Sunday, May 29, 2011

U2 Concert, Yeah Baby Yeah.....May 24, 2011

U2 TOUR, SALT LAKE CITY 2011..
Monday, May 23rd, I got a text from one of my best friends from high school, Charity. She asked if I was interested in going to the U2 concert. She got tickets for $20.00. OF COURSE, I jumped all over that. I was so excited she asked me.

I immediately called Sam and asked him if I could go. At first, he wasn't that happy. When I called him he said this: "Jen, I could have worked that event and went to the concert. But, I decided not to work it because I knew it would make you jealous and sad if you didn't get to go." I said: "Honey, I told you to work the event when you told me you could have. That was your mistake, not mine." He said: "Yeah, your right. That's fine, go ahead, but just so you know....I'm working Cheryl Crow when she comes this summer 'With or Without You' ". I started to laugh and said: "Deal!"

However, his tune changed more and more all throughout Tuesday. He walked over to the stadium a few times and watched the band practice. He watched the stage go up and marvelled over it all. He texted me all kinds of pictures about how awesome it looked and sounded. I think by Tuesday night he was more excited than I was.

Charity picked me at the Gateway and rode Trax up to the U of U. We were cracking up because when we went to get onto Trax, the doors opened, and I kid you NOT, there were a million people in there. They all about spilled out onto the pavement when the doors opened. It shocked us. They looked like a chorus of people packed into a train cart like sardines. It was so funny. Not what we expected at all.

We missed the opening group, the Frey. We got there right as they finished singing. We hung out in the bleachers until it got dark then U2 came out. It was AWESOME! The stage, the sound, the music, the performance was INCREDIBLE! It brought me back to my high school days. LOVED IT!

Charity and I had a BLAST! Our other best friend, Courtnie, was rocking out across the stadium from us, probably in the best seats in the house. But, we wouldn't expect less of her. She is a DIE HARD U2 fan. I would've of love to watch her during the concert. I am sure she was jammin'.

It was a fun night. Thanks Charity! Thanks for asking me to go. I really needed that. Life's been a little too stressful and it was good to wind down a bit. I love ya tons! P.S.- Please tell Brady NOT to hate me. Sometimes, this 34 year old mind just forgets who is who. It was an honest mistake. Gay or not, I'd still like him. Tell him I am glad he has a hot wife too. :) LOL!!!

Me and Charity....
This stage was AMAZING!

No comments: