Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BAH BAH HUMBUG!......November 30, 2010

Those of you who know me, know I am all about "the sale". I usually don't purchase things unless it's on sale.

So, I have been shopping for Christmas for over a month. I am usually done by now. However, this year I am not!

Santa is bringing Tage and Daxton Lego's for Christmas this year! I waited for over a month for black Friday to hit Toys R Us because, in years past, they always have a HUGE sale on Lego's. I passed up all kinds of sales on them waiting for the BIG SALE at Toys R Us. It's typically: Buy one, Get one. So, Black Friday rolled around and the sale at Toys R Us SUCKED! Hardly anything was on sale in the Lego department. "Oh well!" I thought. I am sure they will go on sale for Cyber Monday.....NOPE! However, I did go into Toys R Us yesterday and their ad showed: Buy One, Get One Half Off! "Finally!" I thought.

This morning I got up, got ready, and headed to Toys R Us. I called my sister in law on the way telling her I was on my way to the sale, she needed me to get some stuff for her also. So, I get there. I get my Harry Potter Lego's that Daxton and my nephew want. Then, I get some Pharaoh Lego's that Tage wants. Then, I get some DS games for my sister in law. I was there about an hour, shopping and waiting in lines, of course!

I finally step up to the counter to purchase my items and they don't ring up on the sales. The sales clerk says to me: " I am sorry the DS games have to be ONLY the ones shown in the ad and the Harry Potter and Pharaoh Lego's are EXCLUDED from the sale." I said, "really?" "Yes, really. It says it in the fine print below the sale in the ad."

I don't think I need to explain how irritated I was. So, I said, "Well, I guess I'll pass then, thank you." And I started to walk out of the store. Now, again, I thought to myself, "Crap, I better at least buy the Pharaoh Lego's because I haven't seen those anywhere else and I'll keep shopping for the Harry Potter elsewhere." So, I go back in and get the Pharaoh Lego set.

(Keep in mind, I have been at EVERY store and on EVERY website for the past weeks looking for Lego sales.)

I then wait in another LONG line. Everyone ahead of me is putting there stuff back because they, like me, didn't read the small print under the sale in their ad. I am observing the people around me and every customer looks pissed. The couple in back of me leans forward and says, "Your little daughter there is going to be your age by the time we get through this line." I laughed and agreed. Then they say, "Why can't people decide what they are going to do before they get in line." I agreed again. Then, the lady in front of me walked away from her sale also because she didn't see the fine print either. Seriously? Stop with the fine print ALREADY!

Finally, it's my turn AGAIN. The worker asks me, "Did you find everything OK?" "Seriously?", I thought. (What kind of question is that? Why do sales employees ask that STUPID question?) I said, "No." He said, "well can I help you with something?" (The next STUPID question.) "No!" I said, then he rang me up. Of course, the Lego's were more then what the sign said but I was NOT about to fight over two dollars, so I bought them and left. Yes, I was very irritated!

SALES 101:

Sales people should NEVER EVER ask: Did you find everything OK? Cashiers should NEVER EVER ask: Can I help you with something? These are two STUPID questions! Of course, no one is going to find everything okay. It's Christmas, the shelves are picked over, the sale isn't what it is cracked up to be, and there is ALWAYS some catch. COME ON! That is like asking me if I like Toys R Us, HECK NO! HECK NO no one is going to FIND EVERYTHING OKAY....And....cashiers should not ask if they can help you because they CAN'T. They CAN NOT leave their station and go back to find your items, which will not be there anyways. They can't do anything to help you. They are ONLY there to ring up your items and take your money. They usually take it ALL too because the of the fine print from the ad of the item that really is NOT on sale.

I am SICK of shopping, sick of buying, sick of stupid questions from workers, and sick of Christmas. Today, I say...FORGET IT!!!!!! Someone haunt me at night to change my attitude because I am officially Scrooge. Oh wait, Toys R Us will haunt me every night until I get my stinking Lego's. BAHHHHHHH HUMBUGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Why can't we just really focus on what Christmas is about and FORGET THE SHOPPING?

No comments: