Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Orlando, Florida......November 8-13, 2010

Sam and I went to Orlando this past week. Sam had a business conference in Florida so I tagged along. We went with some friends of ours that were also invited to the conference. We had SUCH A GREAT TIME! These next few posts will show our trip....

When we arrived Sam attended classes at the conference. Bryce, Vicki, and I went to the Downtown Disney Shopping Mall. We walked around, did some window shopping, and had lunch. Later, we headed back to get Sam for dinner. We actually went back to the shopping area and ate at Planet Hollywood.
The following Day, Bryce and Sam went to the conference all day. Vicki and I went to an outlet mall. We did a little bit of shopping, had lunch, then returned to our Hotel for some swimming. When Sam and Bryce finished up we went to Universal Studios for a party that one of the vendors, Georgia Pacific, invited Sam to. It was so fun. Georgia Pacific definitely knows how to throw an event. First, we ate dinner. Then, we watched a Blues group perform for us on the streets of Universal. During the performance, all different characters came out and took photos with us. After the Blues group performed, we went to the Blue Man Group. We LOVED the Blue Man Group, it was phenomenal. To end the night, we watched, danced, and listen to band that GP also had come play. They served desert and had an open bar. We, of course, just drank sodas and water. It was a BLAST! WHAT AN EVENT and party!

Sam, me, Vicki, and Bryce eating dinner on the streets of Universal Studios.
The Simpson's and The Robertson's!
Bryce and Sam enjoying the Blues Band.
Jen and Vicki waiting for the Blue Man Group.
One thing that was pretty incredible for me is that I got to go up on stage with the Blue Man Group. It was ironic because before we got to Universal Studios I said, "OK guys, we need to decide who is going up on stage with the Blue Men if they call out for volunteers." Everyone voted that I would go since I suggested it. When the time came to pull people from the audience they pulled me out. They didn't even ask for people, they just randomly choose me with two other gentlemen. (What Luck!) They attached drum sticks to our ears with medical tape and string, then they pulled their drum sticks, attached our ears, to different beats. IT WAS HILARIOUS and SO MUCH FUN! An event I won't forget. So, this is me, my drum sticks, and my Blue Man.
Us, after the show. WE LOVED IT! It's definitely worth seeing!
Me and Sam Dawg in front of the Universal sign.
Vicki catching a wave!
Sam hanging ten!
Jen, surfs up!
Bryce showing us all up! "Watch out for sea urchins Bryce."

1 comment:

Choi Chatter said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN! Makes me want to save my pennies and go on a trip with my hubby and no kiddos (even though from the looks of things, it seems like the adults act like kiddos when they are away from them)!!! Good for you!