Sunday, July 24, 2011

Zion's.....June 25-27, 2011

One of our families FAVORITE places to go is Zion's National Park. My parents took me and my brothers there every fall when we were growing up. We would go with my cousins, the Chandler's. It became a tradition to every year to climb Angel's Landing. Every year you climbed the great hike you got an angel "star". My family bases what kind of hiker you are off how many angel "stars" you have.

Sam and I love that tradition and we've started it with our children as well. Hadlie and Daxton are officially a one star hiker from last year and half star from this year. Tage is a two half stars from last year and this year.

This year we took the kids just to Scout Overlook, which is a little more that half way up Angel's Landing. Angel's Landing is a dangerous hike, we didn't feel like it would be a good idea to go all the way to the top with Tage and Paizlie. They are too small still. Tage will be ready to do it in the next few upcoming years.

We also hiked Emerald Pools while we were there. Before we headed to Emerald Pools we stopped in the Lodge and bought the kids an ice cream cone. Then we headed off again. We ran into our neighbors, the Larsen's, on the trail to Emerald Pools. They live two house south of us. It was fun seeing them there. We had a really fun time and I KNOW we wore the kids out. Poor Tage fell asleep on the tram ride down the canyon. He was wasted.

The kids are already asking when we are going back. Hopefully soon, hopefully soon...
Here is our trip:
Tage, Hadlie, and Daxton starting Angel's Landing to Scout Overlook...
Larsen family and us....
Tage and Sam on Walter's Wiggles, part of Angel's hike....
Hadlie, Daxton, Tage, and me at Scout Overlook...
Sam, Paizlie, and me at Scout Overlook....
"Hold that rock up for me, Dax. Don't let it fall...."

No comments: