Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GoOd ByE GRanDPa....September 22, 2010

Grandpa saying good-bye to Paizlie before he sets off to Texas tomorrow to start his new job!
Grandpa and Princess P!
Me, Dad, and P
It's time to get real.....

I have to say that I have really done well at being excited for my parents up till now. I am sitting here looking at these pictures, it's raining outside, and inside I feel like crying.

I am very happy my dad has found a job. He has really been patient in finding one. I know it's the best decision for them to move. It will be a great new adventure for the two of them. It is just going to be really hard for me. I feel like I am loosing a big part of my support system.

My parents have ALWAYS been there for us. Whenever we need them, they are there. They always support us in our good times and bad times. They support our kids in all their activities as well. When Sam and I have need a sitter for our kiddos, they come, even though they live and hour and 1/2 away. We can always count on them.

This is going to be a BIG adjustment for me because I am close to my family. I remember how hard it was for me when my brother, Mike, and his sweet family moved back East. They currently live in California. Now my mom and dad are moving to Texas, which feels equally as hard or harder.

We are all moving so far apart from each other. Though I do have to say, with all that has happened over these past two years, with Sam and I, and with Mike and Jamie, we all have grown closer, which has been a blessing. We have really been each others support systems. It's just hard to not see the ones you love on a regular basis.

I am THANKFUL Dave and Meagan are still here and will be somewhat close to us. I PRAY that they will move closer to us soon, hint, hint. (Don't move out of state Dave!) I am THANKFUL Sam's family is still here and somewhat close to us. I know they won't move closer, dang it! Also, I am THANKFUL I have Rachel, Jamie's sister, 20 minutes away. So, I know there are some positives but having 80% isn't cutting it for me right now! Though, I guess it will have to do :)

So all of that being said, I am sad today! I will miss my parents SO MUCH! My kids will miss their grandparents SO MUCH TOO!

Good bye Dad. I do wish the best of luck to you. I know you will find happiness in this new adventure you're about to embark on. I also know you'll be very successful at your new job. Good Luck! You're in our prayers!

Love,
JEN

No comments: