Friday, September 24, 2010

Haunted Housing.....September 24, 2010

Every year at Hadlie's school the fourth grade make haunted houses and display them before Halloween. This year Hadlie got to make her haunted house. Some parents and I went to help glue and spray paint the houses. We had SO much fun. The kids had their houses already cut out and partially assembled. We, mom's, brought our hot glue guns and helped the kids by gluing all the big pieces together. Once we were done doing that, they took their houses outside for another mom and dad to spray painted their houses black. Then, the kids brought their haunted houses inside to decorate them. After, we, mom's, helped the kids put on their finishing touches by gluing on their cute doodad's onto their houses .

The haunted houses turned out darling. I loved to see each child's creation. They each put their own person touch into them. I really enjoyed helping them. I love doing crafts, so this was right up my alley. Me and Hadlie enjoyed spending the morning together.

Hadlie almost finishing up with the assembly of her haunted house.
Me and Hadlie.
(This was my gluing post.)
Hadlie's teacher giving instructions for the next step to build the houses.
All done gluing, now it's time for painting. Hadlie waiting her turn to paint her house.
"Super" dad spray painting the kids' houses.
(I call this dad the "super"dad because he is so awesome; he is always at the functions helping out.)
Hadlie finishing up with the decorating.
Hadlie and her classmate getting their pictures taken by their teacher.
TA DA!
Finished Project! It looks GREAT and scary....ooohhh :)
Thanks for inviting me Hadlie. I had a wonderful time. Your haunted house looks amazing. You're so creative and I love doing projects with you. I love you so much!

2 comments:

Choi Chatter said...

So cute! That really is one of the most fun things they do in the 4th grade. Hadlie it turned out awesome!

jamie said...

That is darling, good job Hadlie.